Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

Turbo vanes apparently stuck, but exhaust brake works great.

Customer Question

Turbo vanes apparently stuck, but exhaust brake works great. How do I correct turbo issue?
JA: How many miles are on the car? How has your mileage been lately?
Customer: Currently 169,565...but got the motor(6.7) @ about 135,000(it's always been this way for me). Mileage 15ish...
JA: What year is your Turbo?
Customer: 08'
JA: Are you fixing your Turbo yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just took it in, they say replace it(@ $3,500ish)...
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Any solution short before replacement would great!
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 6 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Ask the dealer to try cleaning the turbo vanes first. There is a cleaning kit/procedure for doing that. Then if the issue continues, you will have to replaced the turbocharger. My dealer charges about 2 hours to do this cleaning procedure. Worth a try at least.

I hope that my answer/ information was helpful and if so would you kindly take a moment to rate my service using the just answer star rating system? I would really appreciate it. If you need further assistance, I will still be able to help you out even after you rate me. Thank you! Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 6 months ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you need further assistance. If not, would you kindly take a moment to rate my service using the just answer star rating system? I would really appreciate it. I will still be able to help you out even after you rate me. Thank you!

Chris