Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech

I have a 03 1500 dodge ram. It quit running as I was

Customer Question

I have a 03 1500 dodge ram. It quit running as I was driving. It sputtered a missed about 10 seconds, then just died like the key was turned off. Now it turns over but wont fire. There were about 12 cam shaft sensor codes, and one crank shaft code. I replaced the cam shaft sensor and cleared out the codes, then attempted to start it, but still won't start. I connected the scanner again after I tried to start it, now there is one cam shaft code again. I might mention, I have owned this truck for about 5 years and once in a great while when its cold it acts like it wants to die, but then comes back out of it and runs fine. Just after I bought the truck I had to replace the fuel pump, and I'm sure that's not the problem now, as I can hear run right after I first turn on the ignition. I replaced the timing change about 2 years ago, so I'm sure that's not it, unless I did something wrong then. Does the computer need to be reset after the sensor is replaced? Or is there some way it needs to be calibrated? It doesn't look to me that there is any kind of mechanical adjustment on the sensor itself. Just wondered if there were known issues that your could share with me. Thanks
JA: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?
Customer: steering wheel and key are fine
JA: Are you fixing your B1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, I explained it all in the first message
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 month ago.

If at any point during this conversation you would like to speak on the phone, feel free to request a phone call on your end and I will call you right away. Or simply let me know and I can get the process going.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 month ago.

Can I start by getting your VIN?