Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

2006 3500 mega cab diesel. a month ago had catastrophic

Customer Question

2006 3500 mega cab diesel . a month ago had catastrophic engine failure with abs, power steering and engine quit all at same time. I had little control of truck! Took it to my Stockton Dodge where I have all my work done. they thought it was an aftermarket kenwood stereo and rewwired stero. Then a week later check engine light on so had it towed again to Stockton Dodge. This time two new batteries. Just got it home last Friday and yesterday check engine light on! I don't know why Dodge can't figure this issue out. I'll have it towed again but am running out of AAA tows and money. Any ideas
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: it's on all the time now and I am afraid to drive or put camper on it.
JA: Are you fixing your 3500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: All work always done by stockton dodgre
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: yeah, I need some assurance that the next fix will work and they know what the code or problem is and fix it right
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 2 months ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer. ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also give you all of the information you may need in good faith expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating. Your rating should be based on the service you received.

The check engine light on should not be justification to tow the truck. My concern is you state you had catastrophic engine failure and they rewired your radio.

Expert:  Tool Hut replied 2 months ago.

Have they told you what the code is?

Expert:  Tool Hut replied 2 months ago.

Follow this procedure and tell me the codeshttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GqCsfmCTuE

Expert:  Tool Hut replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I have not heard from you in a few days. Do you still need assistance? I also noticed you haven't left a rating. I have assisted in good faith and am only compensated when you leave a positive rating. Please let me know if there is anything else you need to leave a positive rating. Conversations can always continue after a rating is received.