bill, dodge master tech
Experience:  25 years with dodge drivability and electrical expert

To remove climate control unit from 2008 dodge dakota,

Customer Question

to remove climate control unit from 2008 dodge dakota
JA: Are you fixing your Dakota yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: lights are not working on control panel and need to replace control panel. I have not attempted removal yet
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: the lights that back light the temp, fan control,
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  bill replied 1 month ago.

to remove the HVAC controls you need to remove the center bezel, below is a link to the removal procedure, it simply "snaps" in place the best thing to remove it is a plastic trim tool to prevent damage to the dash

this site is on the honor system once you are satisfied with the service you rate it, you have already paid to use the site all a rating does is allow the expert to be paid for his time and that comes out of the fee you paid to use the service

each expert is an independent "contractor" and is only paid for their time when you rate the service 3 stars or higher

any positive ratings allow me to assist you with this question in the future if you need if you have further questions pleas ASK, i am here to help as well as I can

Expert:  bill replied 1 month ago.

i see you have yet to rate the service, you must rate to complete the question, if you need further assistance [lease ask i am here to assist