Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  Dodge Master Certified, Dodge Sprinter Certified

My passenger window only goes down. I've changed the window

Customer Question

My passenger window only goes down. I've changed the window motor and purchased replacement switches. Window goes up if power is applied directly to passenger switch connector. Still doesn't go up.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 month ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 29+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

The most common for this issue is a cut wire in one of the door harnesses. The place to check for problems is inside the rubber boots that lead from the door openings ("A" Pillars) to the doors. Peel back the rubber boots and look for damaged wires. Repair as necessary and all should be well...

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,