Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

2016 dodge ram 3500 diesel was checking air filter unpluged

Customer Question

2016 dodge ram 3500 diesel was checking air filter unpluged 2 conectors on air intake forgot to reconnect before l started engine engine light on now how do l clear also exhaust system servive notice poped up while conectors were unpluged reconnected them dont see it now only engine light still on
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: Stays on
JA: Are you fixing your Ram yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just oil change & check air filter
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Thats it
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. You can clear the codes and turn off the light with a code reader or scan tool (most auto parts stores will do that for free. Or do this: start the engine, and let it idle for 2 minutes. Shut it off and then restart it. Again let it idle for 2 minutes then shut it off. Do this one more time. Then after that the codes should go stored and te light should now be off.

Chris

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'll try that what about the service exhaust system notice it was there when the connectors were unplugged do you think they had something to do with it
Expert:  Chris replied 2 months ago.

Maybe. If the service exhaust system returns, then have a scan tool connected and see if there are any related codes. Like I mentioned earlier the auto parts store will check that for free.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 2 months ago.

By the way, I tried to accept your request for a phone call, but the payment failed.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 2 months ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you got the light off.

I hope that my answer/ information was helpful and if so would you kindly take a moment to rate my service using the just answer star rating system? I would really appreciate it. If you need further assistance, I will still be able to help you out even after you rate me. Thank you!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 2 months ago.

Hello??