Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech

Dodge 2500 diesel engine surges at 50 mph when in od. Does

Customer Question

Dodge 2500 diesel engine surges at 50 mph when in od. Does not appear to do this when od disengaged but does make a lot of noise then.
JA: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: 2002.was in the shop in march when it would hesitate before moving (in drive but when pressing the throttle it would take a few seconds before moving). They fixed that. Was in three weeks ago for water pump replacement.
JA: What year is your B2500?
Customer: 2002
JA: Are you fixing your B2500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Not normally but since we are traveling and it is a weekend, I will need to try something myself. Checked to see if there were any leaks in the air hoses but there are none I can find. Have not tried anything else yet
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just that I am very limited in skill and equipment
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 month ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 29+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

Does this feel as if the transmission is shifting back and forth at this speed?