Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs

99dodge Dakota 3.9 motor gets hot but temp doesn't rise on

Customer Question

99dodge Dakota 3.9 motor gets hot but temp doesn't rise on gauge and thermostat is new after 40 min. truck dies, computer says no link. computer is new also. new alternator also. I disconnect the battery and re connect and it starts right up won't run long tho. Everything under the hood gets really hot and it has plenty of anti freeze. Ground cable gets really hot also
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

In order for the engine to start and stay running you need good spark at the spark plugs, injector pulse at the injectors and proper fuel pressure. When the engine stalls on you can you go in and check and see which one of these things you are lacking and post back with the results and I will see if I can help you get this resolved.