Clayso
Clayso, Master Automobile Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Automobile Technician. 30 Years Experience.
77147243

My truck just gave me a P0562 code and wont start the

Customer Question

my truck just gave me a P0562 code and wont start the positive terminal has some acid build up
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: a little corroded
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 2007 ram 1500 4x4 hemi
JA: Are you fixing your Ram 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: im at work checked the code tried to start it wouldn't and then I had to head in
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope that's it
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Clayso replied 2 months ago.

Hi There,
This is Clay, I'm a certified master automobile technician with 30 years of automotive repair and diagnostic experience.

From your description most likely the alternator has failed. P0562 sets for low battery voltage. The battery must be fully charged and tested good before the charging system can be property tested. When disconnecting a battery always remove the negative battery cable first and replace it last. Have the battery and charging system tested and let me know what all you find. Also let me know the VIN number for this vehicle.

I hope this information is helpful. If you have any questions let me know. You can reply back to me through this thread at any time.

Let me know
Thanks.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I replaced the alternator at the end of December 2015, I jumped the truck and it started up just fine. About an hour or so after I went back out and it wouldn't start so I had to jump it again.
Expert:  Clayso replied 2 months ago.

As I said earlier have the battery fully charged and tested and have the charging system rechecked. Any time the battery voltage drops below 9.6 volts the computerized controls on this vehicle will not operate properly and will set codes and in your case not start at all. The battery must maintain above 9.6 volts at all times, even during a full load when cranking.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
thanks for the info I will let you know what I find out
Expert:  Clayso replied 2 months ago.

That's cool. I'll be here most all of the day.

Thanks