Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech

2002 1500 dodge ram heat/ac fan stopped running. Replaced

Customer Question

2002 1500 dodge ram heat/ac fan stopped running. Replaced resistor and fan started running in all speeds. Now fan will run in all speeds but high. Have cool air out of vents on driver side and warm air on pass side. Can you provide info on possible problems. Thanks
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked for a leak in the radiator?
Customer: coolant level is fine, no leak in radiator.
JA: Are you fixing your Ram yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: trying to fix myself. After replacing resistor fan ran on all speeds and cooled ok for a few weeks.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 month ago.

Most likely on high it doesn't have to pass through the resistor, let me take a look at the wiring diagram and see what I can find.

The cool and warm air might be a faulty door actuator. To find out more about that problem, you may have to scan the modules associated with that system for trouble codes.

What I need to know is what engine came in this so I can look up the wiring diagrams.