Fix_It_Man
Fix_It_Man, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Technician with over 20 years experience.
1627031

2005 Dodge 1500 with the v6 and my ac is only blowing hot on

Customer Question

2005 Dodge 1500 with the v6 and my ac is only blowing hot on all settings. The clutch is spinning, it seems like the system is full but it only blows hot through the vents, what is wrong here?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Fix_It_Man replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** the clutch is spinning you would need to take the pressure readings of the system. It should read about 200+ psi on the high side and about 30-40 psi on the low side. If these readings are off then there is a problem in the system. If the readings are fine then the issue is with the blend door actuator in the dash. I hope this helps. If you need further assistance please let me know.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok the low side is 30 and the high side is 300. so i guess a blend door? if so what is this and where is it located and how do i test it?

Before digging into the dash can you tell me if one of the ac lines that go into the firewall are cold?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
one is cold

Then it should be a blend door issue. The bad thing about the blend door actuator on this vehicle is that the dash needs to be partially removed to access it.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok so how do i get to these blend doors? Is there an easy way to test them without removing the dash?

Unfortunately the way that Dodge has built them they have placed them in such a spot that you cannot get to them easily.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok can you walk me through how to check them or get to them and what i am looking for?

Let me see what I can provide. Is this dual zone climate control or just single?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
single. just base model

Thank you. You may be able to get to it without removing the dash. It will be difficult as it is a very tight space under the passenger side of the dash on the side of the HVAC box. I have attached a picture of it. See it is trying to move when you are changing temperatures. If you cannot get to it let me know and I can give you the instructions on how to remove the dash.