-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)

Driving home from work my 2010dodge charger stopped running.

Customer Question

driving home from work my 2010dodge charger stopped running. The lightening bolt icon came o.k. now my vehicle won't start. It turns but don't catch. I took it to the dealer now they're telling me the camshaft is not turning and they need to do eight hours labor to tear down the engine. I really don't have the cash for that and weekday I've researched is saying it could be my ETC electric throttle control or something in that nature. Plz help.. Confused.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer!!! My name is***** will be helping you with your question today...

Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 month ago.

What codes are setting and what is the compression of the engine on all cylinders? WHat is the last 8 of your VIN?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i took it too the dealer, i don't think they ran out they the cpu just guessed why. The last eight are AH304542. that's why I'm lost.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for the reply!!

Did they tell you what codes were setting? It would be very helpful if they give you the P codes..

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No they told me nothing of codes.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 month ago.

Along with the ETC lightning bolt light is the check engine light on as well? If yes then you will need to connect a scantool to get the P codes so we can see what's going on..

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No engine light was on when the car stopped running.i just left from up there avid they still know nothing.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 month ago.

Ok if it stopped running with no check engine light then we need to start with the basics such as does it have fuel psi and spark and if yes then what is the compression of the engine.. These test will help us in determining what is causing it not to start.. Also do you see the security red light on in the dash?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The lighting bolt?
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 month ago.

Yes the ETC light is the lighting bolt in parenthesis.

Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 month ago.

Let me know what you find,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 month ago.

Do you still need help?