kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech
Experience:  I HAVE OWNED MY OWN SHOP FOR OVER THREE YEARS. I HAVE THE TOOLS AND SOFTWARE TO ANSWERE ALMOST ANY Q
5629372

I have a oil pan leak and I also noticed transmission fluid

Customer Question

I have a oil pan leak and I also noticed transmission fluid leakage from the same area can transmission fluid leak from the oil pan seal.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  kalamykid replied 6 months ago.

No transmission fluid can not leak out of the oil pan or any engine oil seal. If there is oil around the center of the engine and transmission, you either have a front seal leaking in the transmission, or the pan gasket is leak for the transmission.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
if that's the case I need to have them both checked, I know that my oil pan seal is leaking.

Yes. You should have them both cleaned so you can make sure where they are leaking from.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm sorry I don't have the money to call you I'm on the road and I am trying to get an Ideal of what I am dealing with as far as repairs

It is possible that the transmission leak is nothing more then loose pan bolts. With out cleaning the area where you see the fluid it is hard to tell what is leaking or how much it will cost to repair the leaks.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I do transport work and thought I might be able to get some ideal of what I am dealing with

Can you send me a pic of the area where you are leaking fluids form?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It night here and I have no way to get underneath the truck, I have a trailer that I am transporting to Louisiana

Forgive me but I need to know exactly what you want me to be able to tell you.