-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

2001 Dodge Ram van 3500 with a trouble code p 1764 and p1762

Customer Question

2001 Dodge Ram van 3500 with a trouble code p 1764 and p1762 I just changed the transmission pressure sensor my car has always shifted in every gear but yet the code keeps coming back I want to know if I need to change the pressure solenoid or or check the connectors to the sensor and if so I need the diagram 4 the wiring
JA: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?
Customer: Yes I do
JA: Are you fixing your Ram yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I am so far I've replaced the pressure sensor and the transmission filter
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can the solenoid be causing these issues
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer!!! My name is*****'m a 19 Yr Dodge dealership technician and I will be helping you with your question today...

Expert:  -Brad- replied 3 months ago.

Anytime we(Dealership) see's the two codes you have P1764/P1762 I always replace the governor pressure transducer and solenoid as they work hand in hand. The solenoid adjusts the pressure and the transducer will tell the PCM how much the solenoid has opened or closed. I have never replaced just one of them so if you change both you should be in good shape..

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,

Brad

Expert:  -Brad- replied 2 months ago.

I see you haven't rated yet which means I have not been credited for helping. Don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my assistance..

Thank you and have a great day,

Brad