sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

Can you tell me my 4wd dont work when i put it in 4low it

Customer Question

Can you tell me my 4wd dont work when i put it in 4low it shows esc system off on screen what does that mean?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The ESC (stability control )system turns off automatically when the transfer case on any Chrysler product is placed in four low. That's normal operation.

Is that the only thing you were concerned with or did you believe four wheel drive was also not working? Your post seemed to start by saying four wheel drive doesn't work, but you are successfully shifting into four low.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
my 4wd is not working but easy to shift to 4low
Why do you believe it is not working?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Because when i get stuck my back wheels move but not my front wheels even though i have it in 4low and i tryed it on 4high and still no movement in front wheels

It's going into four wheel drive if it says so on the dash. If the front wheels do not pull then you have a mechanical failure. The problem could be in the transfer case, front differential or a broken CV joint, but the most likely cause for the front wheels not engaging would be a bad front axle disconnect actuator.