-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

Im trying to put 2014 heated and vented dodge ram laramie

Customer Question

im trying to put 2014 heated and vented dodge ram laramie seats into a 2012 dodge ram base model. the base model doesnt come with heated and cooled seats i have the seats the modules and the dashboard switch and soon i will have the wire harnesses to connect the seats to the harness under the dash. i need to know how the seats are connected to the dash if the connectors are different from those years and what wires i need to splice if needed. when i look on the driver side bus connector i see a gray connector that is capped off. if i had to guess this is where the seat harness connects to the dash also another issue is that when i pulled of the dashboard bezel where the heated and cooled seat switch is supposed to go there was supposed to be a wiring harness connected to the ram faceplate; it was not there. i need to know if that section of the harness can be purchased seperately or if ill have to make my own harness and run it to the fuse box myself. any pictures of a 2012 or 2014 laramie ram with the carpet taken out is appreciated. please tell me what i have to do.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Eric replied 3 months ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, I need to know if the current seats in your 2012 has standard power or memory seating and whether the 2014 seats have memory seating or not so that I can pull the correct schematics for both years and see what needs to be done to hook up the heating/cooling

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
ok the seats in the 2012 ram base model are regular manual non power non heated/cooled.the seats i bought were from a guy that was trying to do the same thing but didnt have the time to do so. another issue is the wiring harness to the switch that is missing. im not too worried about memory seating working i just need the power functions as well as the heated and cooled seat functions to work in the front driver and front passenger side. the 2014 seats i have do have the memory seat functions.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
on just the driver seat not passengers side
Expert:  Eric replied 3 months ago.

HI,

Ok, it will take awhile to go thru both 2012 and 2014 schematics and get everything together for you, so it will likely be in morning before I have it all uploaded

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
well thank you i really appreciate it. i have a few pics of the connectors on the 2014 seats as well as the part #s for the seat modules on the seats as well if it will help. can upload connector pics now but can tomorrow. also try to find the harness for that switch. thats what really concerns me because its not there. i read that it is there on the slt rams and of course for the laramies. i guess st harness is different and also how it all wires up to the tipm. im guessing the seating harness connects to this capped gray plug under the dash but im not sure.
p68058083AI passenger module
p05026618AE driver side module
Expert:  Eric replied 3 months ago.

HI,

I will have the connector pinouts with connector view, so no issue there. It is matter of switching back and forth checking not just the connector shapes, but also the pinouts to make sure wire colors and what they go to are the same and if different, making up something that shows you what you will need to do to make it work

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
alright sounds good cant wait to get these in. i tried to ask for help on a dodge forum; no replies.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
hey Eric any updates?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Eric,
were you able to find anything? Please reply back.
Kevin
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

I see Eric opted out because this is a job he isn't familiar with, and if your trying to add heated/cooled seats you will need more than wiring and modules to get it to work.. If you add all the seat modules, wiring, seats it still will not work because the vehicle didn't come factory with heated /cooled seats and the circuit it inactive. We do not add heated/cooled seats here at the dealership because it's not sold as an accessory to add it. Adding heated seats is just like adding power folding mirrors, we don't offer a mopar accessory but it can be added.. What you will need to do after you get all the components in place is to have your local Dodge dealership add heated/cooled seats to your VIN number and then connect the Witech santool to reconfigure the TIPM which is the fuse box under the hood that stores all the vehicle options in it... This will "Turn on" the circuit and enable the heated/cooled seats. The bad news is most dealerships won't do this because again it's not an option so if you want any chance in getting this to work you need to call your local Dodge dealership and ask if they will add heated/cooled seats to your vehicle options in your VIN and if they will reconfigure the TIPM for you..

Talk soon,

Brad

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
im aware of this. i know that the vehicle wont accept the seats until the dealership configures it to do so. i have a dealership thats willing to do that for me. the real issue is how do i wire the seats to the car even with the correct harnesses and another big issue is the dashboard seat switch harness isnt there. i need to know if that part of the harness can be purchased separately or if i have to make my own by buying my own pigtail then wiring it myself to the TIPM.At this moment i have the
laramie leather heated/cooled seats
the seat modules
wiring harnesses for pass and drivers side
the dashboard switch
i need
the harness for dash switch
how the seat wire harnesses get connected to the dash
is there any difference in the wiring for the 2012 vs 2014 harnesses for the seats;eg any pin differences where i have to splice wires connector differences in the pigtail ect
Let me know what you can find.
Thanks,
Kevin
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Im going to keep this question open until next thursday. if by then no one answers it i will request a refund. i have been referred twice now and i had high hopes for both experts. i hope this question can be answered at least get me some part numbers of the seat switch harness and possibly some pictures of how the front seats wire up under the carpet. Someone has to know.