sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

I have a 2012 Dodge Charger. I was driving listening to

Customer Question

I have a 2012 Dodge Charger. I was driving listening to music from my cell phone via Bluetooth connection. I received a phone call and switched from music to talking hands free talking on the phone. About a minute in, the call was dropped. The Bluetooth module is now dead. My phone will not connect to the car. Normally when pressing the phone button on the steering wheel when no phone is connected, the car will indicate such. Now when pressing the phone button nothing happens. Prior to taking my car to the dealer and spending who know how many hundreds of dollars, is there a way to reset the system? I also thought to check the fuse, but the diagrams on the fuse panels do not indicate Bluetooth or UConnect. What fuse or relay can I check?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Depending on exact equipment the hands free module may be internal in the radio or a separate module. Either way, it may be electronically locked up and could come back with a power cycle. What I would recommend is disconnecting the battery for about a minute, reconnect it and see if it will then work.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I tried that, and it didn't work. I do know that it is not internal in the radio and is a separate unit if that makes any difference.

If it didn't come back with a power cycle then it's very likely that the hands free module will need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It was already replaced once. Fortunately it was under warranty. Not this time. I saw a guy on YouTube replace one in about 10 minutes. Is it really that easy or should spend the big bucks at the dealer.

If the video you watched was of the same vehicle then the procedure would be the same. Replacing it just involves unplugging the connectors and removing it, no programming or anything is necessary.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Do you have a rough estimate on the cost of a new module?

The part number is(###) ###-####G. It lists for $477 but you can order it from any Mopar parts wholesale site for around 25% less than list.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you. I appreciate your time.

You're welcome!