Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  Dodge Master Certified, Dodge Sprinter Certified
49095596

The connector to the resonator keep poping out, there is no

Customer Question

the connector to the resonator keep poping out
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: there is no noise the seal keep blowing off
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 2007 dodge sprinter
JA: Are you fixing your Sprinter yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: my mechanic is doing it but he doesnt have much experience on diesel turbo
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: well the main problem is the lack of power, and then that seal blowing off
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert R replied 3 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 29+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

Have you already replaced the Turbo Resonator? Which seal is blowing off? The larger seal or the smaller seal??

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The larger one, i replaced the resonator
Expert:  Robert R replied 3 months ago.

Is it blowing off the resonator or blowing out of the "Elbow" that comes out of the Turbocharger?

Expert:  Robert R replied 3 months ago.

Did you purchase the Resonator from the dealer?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Its blowing the elbowIm not sure where the resonator came from
Expert:  Robert R replied 3 months ago.

I've seen that problem when the Resonator is not being fully seated into the elbow and downpipe before securing down the resonator. Another thing that is VERY important is that ALL Fasteners for the elbow AND for the resonator are installed and NOT missing.

At this point, I recommend to replace the resonator again and make sure it's fully seated and securely fastened. I have found in the past that I've had to realign the mounting bracket for the elbow to make it stay fully seated on the resonator when every thing is bolted down. You may have to loosen the bracket to reposition it and may actually have to slightly bend the metal bracket to get it to hold the elbow in the proper position...

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

Robert

Expert:  Robert R replied 3 months ago.

I just wanted to check in with you to see if you need more help with your concern. A non rated question normally times out within 7 days, so I wanted to stay in contact with you to see if the problem has been solved.

If I have helped you resolve your concern and you have already rated my response, I want to say "Thanks, ***** ***** you know you can still follow up on this concern if needed. Also to let you know you can bookmark >>> My Profile Page <<< in case you have another automotive question in the future. Make sure to begin your question with "Robert R" so I will be able to easily find it

If we are still working on your concern, please post a reply so we can continue.

If you are happy with my answer and have not rated my response, please do so asap to complete the transaction. It is greatly appreciated as I recieve no compensation until you do so...

If you're not satisfied with my answer, BEFORE rating, please post a reply with a short explanation as to why. I may have a better explanation for you... It also helps me to refine my answers to help future customers more thoroughly and efficiently.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I did everything you asked me to do and still the same problem
Expert:  Robert R replied 3 months ago.

Is it possible for you to take pics if the resonator after being installed? If you can post pics here, I can let you know if there is anything that can be done to stop this from happening...

Click Here for Document Upload Instructions

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert