Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech

I have a 2002 dodge ram 1500 with the 5.9l. I have been

Customer Question

Hi i have a 2002 dodge ram 1500 with the 5.9l. I have been having drive ability issues where at idle the car is skipping and bucking. With the scan tool i can read that every single cylinder is misfiring at least once. Others are missing 50 times. So i decided to perform a tune up (plugs wires cap rotor and coil). I am still having the same issue but on the scan tool now it is only showing misfires on cylinders 2 and 7. I checked the wire routing to make sure i didn't put them on backwards so that not the problem. Is there anything else that could cause this problem? EGR or IAC? Vaccuum Leak?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Justanswer. Thank you for your question and I will assist you with your concern.

Are you getting a good spark on these two cylinders?

Have you checked the injector pulse as well.

What are the actual fault codes your getting on the scanner?