rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

I have a 2007 Dodge 2500 ram Turbo diesel. I drive it only

Customer Question

Hello I have a 2007 Dodge 2500 ram Turbo diesel. I drive it only on weekends, for the last month I've had to have it jumped at least 3 times. AAA new batteries one year ago and they have tested my charging system it's all ok, they also said they batteries are holding a charge. So I have it at the local Auto repair shop, and for several days they couldn't find the problem. They did see the batteries being drained but it's intermittent ..not all the time just in spurts, so they can't pin point the problem. The call in a guys that has the latest testing computer and he says he can't find anything either, but can reset or upgrade my timer modules and I get new batteries it should be ok. Note they did see that one of the batteries was low, but I think that was from just draining overnight.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 month ago.

We need to find that draw on the system, and seeing that it is intermittent, is most likely one of the modules not going or staying asleep.

I attached a document that will help you find and fix it.

Thanks, Ron

Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm just following up with you to see if you have any more questions.
Thanks, Ron