Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  Dodge Master Certified, Dodge Sprinter Certified
49095596

I have a Dodge Dakota Sport .its a 1999 crew cab, it will go

Customer Question

I have a Dodge Dakota Sport .its a 1999 crew cab, it will go in reverse and will pull out in drive but will not shift. I changed the fluid and put some Lucas in it but it didn't help. Any suggestions? Its a automatic
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert R replied 3 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 29+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

Sounds to me like you have an internal failure of the Transmission. My recommendation is to visit a reputable transmission repair shop and have them take a look. It is possible for there to be an electrical failure so it is recommended to scan the vehicle for codes and repair accordingly. If no electrical faults are present, the transmission will likely need to be overhauled....

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

Robert