rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

I have a 2014 Dodge Charger RT, small hemi, bought it brand

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2014 Dodge Charger RT, small hemi, bought it brand new, I'm the only driver. Noticed a few months ago that the "eco" green light is now always on and thus, I have far less power than I used to, to the point that it feels like the car is in a lower gear if it was a stick shift, which it is not. Going down hills where car would reach speeds of 70MPH and previously would have to tap breaks once or twice to slow car down, NOW I don't have to even touch the brakes at all because again, the forward momentum is so much slower than it was, that I no longer have to tap my brakes at all. I have far less power in just ordinary daily driving and again, where the "eco" light was rarely on, now it is ALWAYS on. Have brought it to dealership with this problem and they didn't do a thing to resolve the problem and as a matter of fact, I have appointment tomorrow for oil change and will mention this problem AGAIN, but don't hold out much hope.......Is there a way to disconnect this "economy" gas-saving mode and give me my power back? Please help me if you can, would really appreciate any help you are able to provide so I can have a coherent and informed conversation with mechanics tomorrow at Dodge dealership.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 month ago.

There is no way around this feature, but I will suggest that they do a re-flash of your computer to resolve this issue.

I'm sure they're not finding anything wrong in the conventional way for a possibly new tech, but you may want to get the service manager involved and tell him that we have a safety issue on our hands and you fear driving this vehicle. That will get his attention pretty fast. Tell him about the previous visits, and your next step is with corporate.

Thanks, Ron

Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm just following up with you to see if you have any more questions.
Thanks, Ron