Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

2011 RAM 3500. Code P0735, Yes we changed the

Customer Question

2011 RAM 3500. Code P0735
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: Yes we changed the transmission,pcm and checked wiring. The current gear 4-5 5-4 4-5 5-4 and sets code
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes we changed the transmission,pcm and checked wiring. The current gear 4-5 5-4 4-5 5-4 and sets code. Yes we have shop
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: That all
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 3 months ago.

Hi there.

Mostly, we see that happen with vehicles that are being driven in overdrive when either towing or carrying heavy loads - fluid heats up and OD clutches get burnt. Are you detecting any slippage or abnormal downshifting?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
We switch the transmission out already and we change the PCM are when it ships into fifth year you watch the underdrive and forth to your clutch go on and off and you watch the command of the shift 4 to 55 to 445 so it's commanding what's happening in the transmission is not slippery
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I don't know why the gear is 4-5 5-4 5-4

If there is no slippage, then the only other possibility would be most likely a bad connection at the 23-way connector on the valve body creating false signals that the PCM is interpreting as faults.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I can believe that i'm gonna check that tomorrow

I know. sometimes these things drive us crazy... Just look at it this way; the connector is about the only thing left that you haven't either replaced or repaired that can cause the code.

I surely hope that's it and that you can fix it easily enough. Please let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
You're so right God bless have a great night I'll call you tomorrow

Keeping my fingers crossed :-)

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Good morning II changed the wiring harness. Still the same. Any ideas
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 2 months ago.

Sorry, but I'm all out of ideas. I'll opt out and re-open this up so other experts can chime in.