Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  Dodge Master Certified, Dodge Sprinter Certified
49095596

2010 Dodge Ram intermittent problem getting the shift lever

Customer Question

2010 Dodge Ram intermittent problem getting the shift lever to come out of park. Just prior to that I get a stability control lite and a code ESPBAS in the info window.What is the problem? Jim
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Same question as yesterday.
Expert:  Robert R replied 5 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 29+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

From what you are describing I am leaning towards a faulty brake switch. It is responsible for Brake Shift Interlock and if the computer doesn't receive a signal from the brake switch, it will not release the shifter lock solenoid. Also brake switch is an input to the ESP/BAS system so it will cause lights to come on if there is no signal from the brake switch..

To find out for sure, you must have the vehicle scanned with a scanner that is capable of communicating with the ABS Controller. If you get it scanned, post all codes here and I'll do my best to help..

Thank you,

Robert