-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

I have a 2013 ram 3500 Cummins dully. I was trying to have

Customer Question

I have a 2013 ram 3500 Cummins dully. I was trying to have some keys made and they guy hooked his computer up and it said it couldnt communicate with the truck computer
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer!!! My name is*****'m a 19 Yr Dodge dealership technician and I will be helping you with your question today...

Expert:  -Brad- replied 3 months ago.

I would say if you can't communicate with the SKIM module and it's the only module dead on the BUS then I would replace it. But I would first make sure the programmer is capable to communicate with the SKIM and not a cheap code reader. We use the Witech scantool at the dealership but if it's a quality scantool and the SKIM is the only module dead on the BUS then I would replace it and program it with the 4 digit code.

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,

Brad