Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Is asking if i have the SKIM system on my truck.theres no

Customer Question

chris is asking if i have the SKIM system on my truck.theres no chip in old key .moreover , when i changed out the ig tumbler it worked . nothing transpired in between it working (after the tumbler change) and going to use the truck .
JA: Is the key stripped or worn?
Customer: key is new with the new ig tumbler
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 2003 ... 3500 4x4 cummins
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: the problem started with the orig key not turning so i put a new tumbler in when i tested it .. it worked fine
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: when i tested it (before putting back the plastic shroud , it started and ran fine . all i did then was put the tools away and clean up to take it out. then it would start but immediately cut off. i would have to turn the key all the wat c clockwise , wait a second , then turn it all the way clockwise to strat it . it would start bur immediatly cut off. each time i'd wnt it to start , i'd have to turn it all the way c. clockwise but it would always cut off. if i just try to start it without going all way c. clockwise first , it wouldn't start ... only crank.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.

Based on your response this could be a ignition switch issue. Do you have a volt meter?

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris