Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

When you turn the key on the check engine light flashes and

Customer Question

When you turn the key on the check engine light flashes and the cylinoid by the passenger side battery clicks and also the cylinoid on the injector pump clicks it will turn over but not start
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: Blink
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 06 ram 3500 5.9 cummings
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing at all and yes i want to do it myself if posible
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Thats all the info i have
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Do you have the tools to see if there are codes stored?

Is the CEL flashing with just the key on or when cranking?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
With just the key in all i have is a code reader and a bullydog that also reads them and they neither show a code
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The engine light flashes and the two cylinoids click rather loudly

Do you have the tools to check the fuel pressure to the injector pump?

Will either tools you have show if the engine speed sensors are registering while cranking?

Can I get the 8th vin#?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ill have to get the vin tomorow this all started when my son left the key on while i was gone to work and it totally drained the batteries and this has happened since no i cant check the fuel pressure i dont have those tools

Tomorrow will be fine. With the new info. When a battery dies it rapidly pulses power on and off, and since the key was left on this means there are now alot of sensors and modules rapidly pulsing on and off. This occurrence could of damaged the fuel shit of solenoid at the injector pump.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok ill start there what is the name of the solenoid i need to ask for

Technical name is ***** ***** control actuator.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris