Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles

I recently took the programmer off today and now the Red

Customer Question

I recently took the programmer off today and now the Red Security light blinks non stop and trailer brake light flashes after I put the key fob in the ignition. Truck started up just fine before and now it wont even turn over
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?
Customer: It looks good and changed about 4 months ago
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 2010 2500 Crew Cab short bed 4x4 6.7 Cummins
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. Ive tried unhooking batteries and I tried to put the tuner back on it to see if that would help but now I cant get it to work.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Not that I know of. It started just fine before I took the tuner off of it
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 2 months ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer, and ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating. Your rating should be based on the service you received.

It is most likely that you placed the vehicle in theft mode. Try hooking a battery charger to vehicle and leave the key on for an hour. sometimes these will reset.

Ultimately you may end up calling a locksmith with auto equipment to reprogram the keys to the theft system

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't have any equipment like that. I'm trying leaving the key on for an hour
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 2 months ago.

Ok. Let me know how it goes after the key has been on for an hour.

Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I have not heard from you in a few days. Do you still need assistance? I also noticed you haven't left a rating. I have assisted in good faith and am only compensated when you leave a positive rating. Please let me know if there is anything else you need to leave a positive rating. Conversations can always continue after a rating is received.