Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs
7276279

I HAVE A DODGE JOURNEY 2012 THE CD DONT WORK I BUY A USED

Customer Question

I HAVE A DODGE JOURNEY 2012 THE CD DONT WORK I BUY A USED RADIO FRPM THE WRECK STORE WHEN I INSTALED ASK FOR A ANTI THEFT CODE I CALL THEM AND THEY BTELL ME THEY JUST SOLD THE RADIO NO PROVIDE THE CODE WHAT CAN I DO NOW
JA: Has the battery been recently disconnected? Have you checked the manual or the glove box for the radio code?
Customer: NOW JUST SWITCH THE RADIOS
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: YES I JUST PUT BACK MY B RADIO AGAIN AND WORKS THE PROBLEM IS THE CODE FOR THE NEW RADIO
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: NO
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Justanswer. Thank you for your question and I will assist you with your concern.

Unfortunately in order to get the used radio to work you going to need the vin number from the Jeep it was removed from and usually they also requires proof of ownership and then you can go to the Jeep dealer and they can provide you with the code. If you not able to provide proof of ownership then they will not usually provide you with the code and that means this radio will not work for you.