Amedee, Dodge Technician
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector

I have a 96 Dodge Neon and my low beams won't work but the

Customer Question

I have a 96 Dodge Neon and my low beams won't work but the Highs will. The headlights are aftermarket so they are separate bulbs. Already replaced the dimmer switch and still won't work. Pretty sure the bulbs are fine because both lows stopped working at the same time.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. Are you looking for some possible causes or would you like me to walk you through this diagnoses? Do you need a wiring diagram of the headlight circuit?

Expert:  Amedee replied 2 months ago.

Let me explain what to check and how to diagnose this circuit. Start with the key on and headlights turned on "low beams". The violette with white wire should have full battery voltage. It then splits off and goes through fuses 17 and 18 in the fuse block. From there it goes to both front headlights. Here is a wiring diagram.

Expert:  Amedee replied 2 months ago.

IF there is no power coming out of the headlight dimmer switch with the lights turned on low, then check the headlamp switch as it may very well be bad. This sends power out the green wire to the dimmer switch.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 month ago.

I am glad I can help!

It has been a pleasure working with you. Please dont forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "Excellent Service" for assisting you today.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 month ago.

Hello! It'sCustomerfrom just answer.

I am just checking in to see if you need any further assistance?

Let me know!