Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

I have 2012 2500 power wagon, rebuilt front diff including

Customer Question

i have 2012 2500 power wagon, rebuilt front diff including new locker from dodge. install right axle it locks locker. what is problem
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If you unplug the front locker solenoid does it disengage then at all?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no, we can pull right side axle out and it will release. no binding if you slide axle in with carrier out on bench
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Are you saying it does not release when the solenoid is unplugged?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no it does not release
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Did you double check to make sure it was rebuilt/put back together properly as I know in some cases if a component is not installed correctly it may cause this issue here.

Let me know,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
we did
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

O.k.,this is a tough one for me to be able to answer myself here but someone else here may be able to help further.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Why should I be charged if you gave no answer? You were last resort due to the fact I have researched this online and found no answer.