Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

THIS 2004 dAKOTA Came in with a charred engine harness. We

Customer Question

tHIS 2004 dAKOTA Came in with a charred engine harness. We installed the harness from a donor vehicle along with its PCM and now no injector pulse and BCM code 0230 and P0688 ASD Sense circuit fault on our scanner. Any advice?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: The BCM code is 0230 must be vehicle specific the ASD related code is PO688. Yes weve tried a reset.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. Have confirmed that PCM is not earthing the ASD relay or the starter relay.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The replacement harness was minus plug C2 which was soldered in
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. This might easier for us if we talk over the phone as there is a lot of detail that needs to be discussed. If at any time during this conversation you would like to speak on the phone, please request a phone call on your end and I can call you right away. Can I start by getting the VIN? Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Let me have your number please. My outgoing calls are very discounted and it'll be an international call.
Expert:  Amedee replied 3 months ago.

Please accept my offer and call me

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Car's fixed. No further assistance required. PCM from donor vehicle was incompatible. Old PCM re-installed (was apparently undamaged by multiple shorts in engine control harness) New CMPS & MAP sensor installed.....purrs like a kitten now.
Expert:  Amedee replied 3 months ago.

Excellent! Glad to hear it is up and running!