-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

How do I turn on the front park and sense, 2016 1500 ram

Customer Question

how do I turn on the front park and sense
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 2016 1500 ram crew cab
JA: Are you fixing your 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: looking at setting but all seams fine, when I put it in reverce it shows the front as being off.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 8 months ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

Enabling And Disabling Front And/Or Rear ParkSense

Front ParkSense can be enabled and disabled with the Front ParkSense switch.

Rear ParkSense can be enabled and disabled with the Rear ParkSense switch.

When the Front or Rear ParkSense switch is pushed to disable the system, the Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC) or Driver Information Display (DID) will display the “PARKSENSE OFF” message for approximately five seconds. Refer to “Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC) or Driver Information Display (DID)” in “Understanding Your Instrument Panel” for further information.

When the gear selector is moved to REVERSE and the Front or Rear system is disabled, the EVIC/DID will display the "FRONT PARKSENSE OFF" or "REAR PARKSENSE OFF" message for five seconds, followed by a vehicle graphic with "OFF" in the corresponding side. This vehicle graphic will be displayed for as long as the vehicle is in REVERSE.

NOTE:

Arc alerts from the enabled ParkSense system, will interrupt the five second messages, and the EVIC/DID will display the vehicle graphic with the corresponding arcs and "OFF" message.

The Front or Rear ParkSense switch LED will be ON when Front or Rear ParkSense is disabled or requires service. The Front or Rear ParkSense switch LED will be OFF when the Front or Rear system is enabled. If the Front or Rear ParkSense switch is pushed, and the system requires service, the Front or Rear ParkSense switch LED will blink momentarily, and then the LED will be ON.

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,

Brad

Expert:  -Brad- replied 8 months ago.

Do you need more help?