Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

2004 dodge ram 1500 5.7 hemi auto 4wd. threw 4 codes P0562,

Customer Question

2004 dodge ram 1500 5.7 hemi auto 4wd. threw 4 codes P0562, p0700, p0440, p0442. Runs ok, does idle low (500rpm) original battery 175k
JA: How old is the battery? And have you tested it with a voltmeter?
Customer: battery 2004, it reads 12v.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, nothing codes hit this am on way to work checked at autozone!
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Nothing
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. The P0562 is a low battery/system voltage DTC. Most likely the battery. If that is the original battery, then you most likely need a new one. As far as the other codes, the P0700 means that a transmission code exists, and needs to be checked wit a scan tool that can read transmission DTC's. The P0440 and P0442 means that there is an evaporative emission system leak somewhere. Maybe just a loose/bad fuel cap so check that first. But before doing anything, get a good battery in the truck and then see which codes come back.

I hope this information helps, and if so, would you please take a minute to rate my service using the just answer star rating system? I would really appreciate it and can still help you with this even after you rate me.

Thank you!

Chris