Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

Blower motor and windshield wiper stopped working suddenly,

Customer Question

Blower motor and windshield wiper stopped working suddenly
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?
Customer: It was working and stopped suddenly. I have checked the fuses.
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 1996
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am and I have checked the fuses.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Truck has been sitting up for about three years. Just had the clutch and fuel pump replaced.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

I have been in the auto repair business for many years and specialize in diagnosing vehicles with problems like this one you are describing. I am confident we can resolve your problem together provided you stick with me and run the necessary tests. Please understand that I don't know your skill level and that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to do my best to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first to make this as simple as possibly for both of us. I just ask that you provide me with the all of the correct information up front and with the most accurate tests results as we move on so that I can point you in the right direction. I would also appreciate a positive rating from you in return for sharing my time and knowledge and expeirence with you in a timely mannner. Even if you rate my answer after the first few replies, we can still continue our conversation at no further cost to you. With that being said, lets get started.

Can I start by getting your VIN? Thank you!