Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech

I have a 2004 Dodge Durango Limited with the 4.7 L. I was

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Dodge Durango Limited with the 4.7 L. I was wondering if anyone had any advice. My A.C does not get cold unless I have it set to where it recirculates the air from inside the truck. But when it drawing air from the outside it will not get cold at all. When it's on the recirculation setting it gets so cold i have to turn it down. I can't figure out what is wrong. If anyone can give me some advice. Thanks Dan
Category: Dodge
Expert:  david craig replied 2 months ago.

Hi Im David, Unfortunately theres a problem with the recirc door actuator. the only fix for this issue is replacement of it. To replace the actuator, the entire dash needs to come off the firewall to gain access. this is a common problem on this vehicle.

do you still need assistance?

Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer and allowing me to assist you. HHave you had the A/C performance tested to show what pressure the compressor is providing and amount of charge?