Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

I have a 2007 Ram diesel 6.7L. it has a code P242F for the

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Ram diesel 6.7L. it has a code P242F for the DPF filter, I took it to a place to get the DPF cleaned and 2 sensors replaced. The code still comes on and my scanner and my mechanics scanner can not clear the code.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 3 months ago.

Hi there.

Potential causes for this condition are excessive ash in the system from the engine not getting a high-enough temperature to effectuate self-cleaning; a stuck-open EGR valve; faulty exhaust temperature sensors.

To repair this issue, first inspect the system for accumulated ash or debris - make sure EGR is not suck open. Clean and service as required. Next, connect a capable scan tool and monitor exhaust temperature sensors; temps should be within 6 degrees Celsius of one another. If not, replace the sensor that's out of context.