Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

Driver door stuck wide open, Dodge caliber 2007, Fix myself,

Customer Question

Driver door stuck wide open
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Dodge caliber 2007
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Fix myself
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Spring fell out
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This may be due to a fault with the door check being seized or jammed up needing replaced.This is also usually where the spring seats.I would have the door check/link checked to see if it needs replaced and then replaced as needed for this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete