Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech

Purchased used with one key. Vehicle is IMS conversion van

Customer Question

Purchased used with one key. Vehicle is IMS conversion van with side door ramp all integrated with the OEM security system. At first local dealer could not find transponder code associated with VIN but later did find it, which agreed with the code given to me by successor company to the original conversion company. Thought it would work but dealer says vehicle has a different code. Also a local locksmith can not clone the key because the transponder key code is encrypted. So what should be the next approach. The Dealer mentioned a $2500.00 repair drill that replaces lots of parts and consumes most of a day of a technician's time. I can buy a SKREEM module and a pair of keys as a programmed set but do not know if that will work with the remainder of the vehicle's on board computers. So what do you suggest?
JA: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?
Customer: No. does this access through the OBD port or ?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I always try myself but do not know enough. I looks like the SKREEM module is under the steering column and the key cylinder is also but have no clue how the SKREEM module communicates with other modules and ECM.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I would like to return the vehicle to its original transponder code that Dodge used originally
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

What is your VIN number and what PIN code do you have? Are you just needing a new key?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
1D4GP24R75B245892 pin from Dodge is 1912 but Dealer could not confirm pin on vehicle -
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I purchased vehicle used with one Key that is full function remote type. Locksmith could not clone key since its code is encrypted. My question is if I purchase a new SKREEM module and keys set to the 1912 pin and just swap parts/keys will the vehicle run or is there other programming issues that need to be addressed