Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

I have a 2000 Dakota, never an issue with it until my son

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Dakota, never an issue with it until my son wrecked it ,I have replaced the PCM on it twice because it will start to miss and then die .I have no spark and all my sensors check good, when I replace the pcm it fires right up, something I am overlooking causing them to go out.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. Are you looking for some possible causes or would you like me to walk you through this diagnoses?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Possible causes why the pcm continues to go bad
Expert:  Amedee replied 3 months ago.

I dont think the PCM is bad.. but if it is, it is caused by a faulty input or a shorted out sensor. I would start by checking/replacing the camshaft sensor and or crankshaft position sensor.

Expert:  Amedee replied 3 months ago.

Hello and good morning! Please dont start another question. Reply back to this page so we can continue. It sounds like the PCM may be missing an input. I think it would be best if we spoke on the phone. I do work all day today but will be available to talk tonight when I get home.

Expert:  Amedee replied 3 months ago.

Hello! It'sCustomerfrom just answer.

I am just checking in to see if you need any further assistance?

Let me know!

Expert:  Amedee replied 3 months ago.

Hello! It'sCustomerfrom just answer.

Let me know!