sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

I have a 2014 Challenger Shaker,5.7 with automatic. It has

Customer Question

I have a 2014 Challenger Shaker,5.7 with automatic. It has the sport button and when 8 first bought it I tried out the trac mode. However since then I cannot get it to go into trac mode. It will do the sport mode but not trac. Do I need to do s9me kind of reset or what?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  david craig replied 2 months ago.

Hi Im David and will be assisting you. Try this......You need to hold down the ESC button for 5 seconds and then you'll hear a chime. If you want to verify it's off completely, go into your performance control screen and go into your sport mode setup. In there, it will tell you that your traction is OFF instead of saying SPORT.
Keep in mind, however, if you turn your traction control fully OFF by doing this and then turn your sport mode on afterwards, your sport mode will override the traction and reset it back to sport. If you want best of both worlds (at the track), you need to turn sport mode on first so you get all the benefits from that, THEN hold down the ESC button for 5 seconds to turn ESC fully off.
Also, you need to be in Park while doing this or be at 0 MPH if you have it in drive with foot on the brake.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I know that the ESC buton turns off the traction control. What I'm saying is when you press the "sport" button once it puts it in sport mode. Push it twice and it is supposed to put it in trac mode. However when I push it the second time it just turns off the sport mode. It will show up on the digital display that you are in sport mode or trac mode. Mine only says sport it won't display trac.

thats not how it works on a 2014

im going to opt out and let another tech chime in on this...... thanks

Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Per the owner's manual and service info there is not a track mode when pressing the sport button twice. Pressing the sport button once turns sport mode on to change transmission shift timing, pressing it a second time will turn it off. Sport mode operation can be found on pages 312-316 of your owner's manual.