Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Toyota mastertech
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer

I have a dodge 2500 5.7 hemi with over 300.000k miles. It

Customer Question

I have a dodge 2500 5.7 hemi with over 300.000k miles. It recently just quit while on the road.. I noticed the oil pressure Guage not responding while the engine was running. It would go up then down again.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  david craig replied 2 months ago.

Hi Im David,,,first thing i would do is check compression of all the cylinders..... is the truck cranking?

do you still need assistance?

Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer and allowing me to assist you. A couple questions so I can get a better picture of your situation, I assume you checked the oil level / some vehicle's have a built in safety with the oil pressure , that is if the ECU detects low oil level or pressures it will kill the engine to limit further damage. so recomend check oil level first ,then inspect oil pressure sending switch for leaks and or connection, then resistance.