Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

I have a 92 twin turbo only 20k miles original owner.It bogs

Customer Question

I have a 92 twin turbo only 20k miles original owner.It bogs down when i accelerate. I never beat this car, any ideas on what's wrong?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In allot of cases this type of fault here can be caused by an issue with a restricted fuel filter or weak fuel pump.I have also seen faults with a restricted catalytic converter in the engine cause this as well needing replaced.If you have not had the fuel system tested to see if any issues are found this needs done.If any issues are found they will need corrected to resolve this issue.If the fuel system is or has been checked and found to be o.k. I would have the exhaust tested for excessive back pressure due to a restricted catalytic converter needing replaced.These are most common for this fault here.

It is also very possible a turbo is at fault needing replaced so if the exhaust and fuel systems test o.k. I would have the turbo system tested.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete