Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have a 2007 dodge 3500 4x4 6.7 diesel that was working

Customer Question

I have a 2007 dodge 3500 4x4 6.7 diesel that was working perfect. I had the bright idea of taking the fuse box thats under the hood and trying it on my 2006 dodge 2500 5.9 diesel to see if it would fix the problem on the 5.9 but it didnt . i then tried the fuse box of the 5.9 on my 6.7 to see if it would run my 6.7 right . when i put the 6.7 fuse back on the original truck the 4x4 would not work . i ordered a fuse box for the 6.7 and the 4x4 worked now but a few days later i tried it and it didnt work again . the 4x4 worked perfect for 3 years till i switched them . do u know if i need to switch something else out ?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.I apologize for any delay.

You may have damaged one or more of the 4x4 electronic actuators or solenoids when you swapped out the fuse panel.I have seen this occur before in the past.The first thing that needs to help locate the fault is to have a scan tool fully compatible with your model plugged into your vehicle to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set need diagnosed to help locate and repair this issue here.

I would also check for any damaged/melted or shorted wiring leading off of the fuse panel as you may have melted or damaged some wiring.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.A 5 star rating is appreciated.Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I took in to a shop a shop to read the codes and there were no codes . i already replaced the 4x4 switch (electronic ) , the 4x4 actuator the one on the side of the transfer case and last i replaced tipm which the 4x4 worked for a couple days then quit . the shop said to take it to the dealership
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Were the fault codes checked with a fully compatible scan tool that can read all computers in your model?Some scan tools will only read engine and transmission computers and a fully compatible scan tool is needed to check codes in all computers.Is there any way you can get the codes re checked to see if any codes are set in any of the computers or let me know if a scan tool was used that can communicate with all computers?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
MY friend came over and was able to pull these codes. He tried to clear them but they wont clear .U0195
U1108
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

U0195 is lost communication with satellite radio (does your model have satellite radio?)

U1108 sets when the TIPM detects that another CAN B (communication/computer) has been detected and needs to be reconfigured

The U1108 is the one that concerns me the most.This one most likely set when the fuse box was tried and I suspect the TIPM needs reconfigured again with a dealers scan tool to correct this issue.It looks like it is looking for an additional computer that your model does not have and is causing this issue.Here is the procedure that needs followed with a compatible scan tool or dealers scan tool if a scan tool you have or can get ahold of isnt high tech enough:

1. RECONFIGURE THE TOTALLY INTEGRATED POWER MODULE

Turn the ignition on.

With the scan tool, select network view and press the gateway button. This will list the CAN modules on the vehicle. Read and record the listed modules.

With the scan tool, select TIPM, miscellaneous functions then add/remove ECUs.

With the scan tool, add or remove the module that was not configured in the TIPM.

With the scan tool, erase DTC's.

Cycle the ignition from on to off 3 times and read the active TIPM DTC's.If no DTC's are set you should be good to go.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have no satellite radio . do you think the u1108 is set because of my tuner is on it ?
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Your TIPM thinks you have sat. radio and set both of these codes here.I suspect since you tried a different fuse panel this causes the TIPM to see other computers that are not present in your model causing this issue here.You will need to have the procedure done above here with all components reinstalled properly in your model first to see if this resolves the issue.

Thanks Pete