sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

Have a 2007 Durango and this morning, wife went to start it

Customer Question

Have a 2007 Durango and this morning, wife went to start it and it lost all power and now only the red security light light on the dash flashes. Battery is good. I remove the batt cables for 30 min or so, reconnected it. After locking & unlocking the door with the key, it started. When thishappened the pos terminal got really hot before I disconnected it.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The issue is at the positive battery terminal. The reason it got hot is because of voltage drop in the circuit through poor connection, voltage was being consumed there and that's what prevented the engine from starting. You disturbed the poor connection when you disconnected the battery cables and that's why it started afterward.

The problem was either a poor connection between the terminal and battery post, or there is voltage drop between the cable and terminal at the connection.