Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

2005 Dodge Durango. Sunroof leaked inside and the water got

Customer Question

2005 Dodge Durango. Sunroof leaked inside and the water got into the fuse box by the drivers feet. I have fixed the leak and had unplugged all the connections and fuses on that board as well as unplugged the battery. Had a fan running to dry that area out for over a day.
Everything back in place and the turn signals and all guages don't work. Stero looks like it is working but no sound to speakers. Car starts and drives with out any other apparent issues. 4way flashers and highbeams work.
Checked and double checked all fuses in the cab and under the hood.
I need help narrowing down what to look at. Turn signals and guages were working before I had started drying everything out and battery had been unhooked the whole time while drying.
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
This is the panel that got wet
Expert:  Robert R replied 3 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 29+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

I am researching this concern for you and will get back with you as soon as possible, Thanks for your patience while I gather the information needed for your answer. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Robert

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Fixed it.A little electrical contact cleaner swabbed on with a q tip then some dielectric grease to all the connections and it's as good as new.
Expert:  Robert R replied 3 months ago.

Cool, glad you got it going on your own, I was going to suggest that but somehow I lost your question and it wasn't on my question list until now that you replied...

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Since you fixed it on your own, I won't enable the rating link so you can save your funds for another question sometime..

Thank you,

Robert