Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service &Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

MY CAR WON'T START. THE BRAKE PEDAL REMAINS STIFF AND I HEAR

Customer Question

MY CAR WON'T START. THE BRAKE PEDAL REMAINS STIFF AND I HEAR A CLICKING NOISE WHEN PUSHING THE START BUTTON
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: JUST THIS MORNING;THE SOUND COMES FROM THE ENGINE COMPARTMENT. WAS DRIVING OKAY PRIOR TO THIS MORNING
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 2011 DODGE CHARGER R/T
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I FEEL LIKE THE BATTERY IS WEAK;I WILL TRY TO JUMP START IT AND THEN HAVE THE BATTERY CHECKED OUT; THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT IS ALSO ON
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: NO
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad ,Welcome To JustAnswer, I'm reviewing your question and I will be be posting a replay ASAP

1- defenitley check battery for 12 volts

2- check alternator for charging 14 volts with all loads on like a/c headlights etc...

3- have the diagnostic scan done and retrieve fault codes ,if you replaced battery and charging system works and problem stays and post them back here

and we can go further if need be .

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I WILL ATTEMPT TO JUMP START IT AND HAVE CHARGING SYSTEM CHECKED OUT IF PROBLEM PERSISTS WILL CONTACT JUST ANSWER AT A LATER TIME. THANKS

You welcome

Please let me know if you need anything else on it JUST REPLY BACK HERE , IF NO FURTHER ASSISTANCE IS NEEDED PLEASE KINDLY RATE ME .

Hope I was helpful to you

A Positive Rating is Much Appreciated

This Post Will Stay Open for You To Come back And Ask me Any Follow Up Question You May have.

Thank You

Chad Farhat