virtual auto tech.
virtual auto tech., master tech.
Experience:  A.S.E. Master technician. Over 13 years working on import & domestic. Owner/operator of an auto shop

No bus on odometer dash drops out over head console reads

Customer Question

no bus on odometer dash drops out over head console reads ccd
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: 3weeks
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 2000 dodge ram 1500
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: cam and crank sensor, iac fuel pump pcm all replaced currently checking wiring harness have unplugged all other modules with no luck so doubt any other modules
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no codes engine dies scanner says it lost communication
Category: Dodge
Expert:  virtual auto tech. replied 2 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.So I need you to check for 5v on one of the pins of the crank sensor or cam sensor when this happens.Let me know if it's there. Check it on both with the sensor plugged in then unplugged.
I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.