-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

The ESC, Electronic Throttle Control, and Malfunction

Customer Question

the ESC, Electronic Throttle Control, and Malfunction Indicator Lights are all being displayed and the car can not attain much speed - what is going on? - is it easy and inexpensive to fix?
it is a 2011 Dodge Caliber
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 5 months ago.

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

The first thing you will need to do is see what codes is has with a scantool.. Can you run by any parts store and have them read the codes free of charge and post the codes here so I can see what's going on?

Talk soon,

Brad

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
not really, Brad - the car will barely move - driving it to a parts store would be dangerous
Expert:  -Brad- replied 5 months ago.

I'm here to help but I have no idea what's going on unless you can borrow a code reader or scantool to see what codes it has.. Also if it's a bad throttle body you will need a scantool anyway to relearn it or it won't rev up

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am going to need a few minutes to think - neither auto parts stores within a short distance of where my car is willing/able to use a scantool - one that I know will is a bit of a drive - it may be too dangerous to try and drive there
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I can get a scantool here - it will take a while - what do you want me to do about you?
Expert:  -Brad- replied 5 months ago.
Just post the codes here when you have them.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
how long do I have to get the codes?I
Expert:  -Brad- replied 5 months ago.
there is no deadline to have the codes read but the sooner you post them the sooner I can tell you what's wrong