Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

I have a issue with my 2006 Ram 2500 with diesel engine, it

Customer Question

Hello, i have a issue with my 2006 Ram 2500 with diesel engine
JA: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: it has 150k miles, last service was at 145k
JA: Are you fixing your Ram yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, but the problem that i have its not with the engine, i believe is something electric
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes, when i´am driving, the airbag light appears and the A/C stops working.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 4 months ago.

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

The first thing you will need to do is see what codes is has with a scantool.. Can you run by any parts store and have them read the codes free of charge and post the codes here so I can see what's going on? It would help to know what codes are setting on all the modules so I can see the big picture on what's going on.. Post the codes here when you get them..

Talk soon,

Brad

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Brad, yesterday i was checking the truck with a scaner, and i found a few codes, i´m attaching files for you. i was doing research about TIPM, maybe troubles are going that way by TIPM. my problem is when im driving airbag light show up then A/C stops working. later airbag light goes off and A/C starts working. in the codes descriptions appears HVAC lost comunication. if you need some else please let me know.